Smoked Pork Leg at the Oven
3 hours 4 porções
- - 1 Smoked Pork Leg from 𝗦𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗶𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗮 𝗟𝗶𝗺𝗶𝗮𝗻𝗮
- - 8 Shallots or sliced onions
- - 2 stoned golden apples
- - 10 crushed garlic
- - 100 grs. of frozen chestnuts
- - Fresh Shimeji Mushrooms (optional)
- - 1 glass of white wine
- - Oil qb
- - Coarse salt qb
- - 2 bay leaves
- • Start by soaking the ham in cold water and let it stay overnight. The next day, cook the smoked ham with just water in the pressure cooker for 40 minutes or for 1h30 in a normal pan. At the end, reserve the boiling water.
- • Then place the shallots, the cooked ham, the chestnuts, the whole mushrooms, the crushed garlic, the bay leaves and the pitted apples on an oven tray. Drizzle everything with a drizzle of olive oil, wine, a little boiling water, sprinkle with salt all
- the ingredients (except apples and ham) and place in a pre-heated oven at 200º and cook for about 1 hour. Halfway through cooking turn the shank to
- browning on 2 sides.
- • In the meantime, cook the sprouts in the water reserved for cooking the ham. Add a little more water if necessary and salt. At the end, add the water to the sprouts and sauté in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil and garlic.
- • Separately prepare the traditional mashed potatoes. Cook in salted water. Strain the potatoes and grate with passevite or hand crusher. Add milk, 1 egg and 1 nut of butter. Stir everything with a wooden spoon and it's ready.
- • Finally, plate everything on a nice platter and serve.