Portuguese Tradicional Duck Rice
1h30 minuts 8 porções
- - 1 and ½ of Bacon Extra from 𝗦𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗶𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗮 𝗟𝗶𝗺𝗶𝗮𝗻𝗮
- - ½ Salpicão Minhoto da 𝗦𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗶𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗮 𝗟𝗶𝗺𝗶𝗮𝗻𝗮
- - ½ Sanguinha da 𝗦𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗶𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗮 𝗟𝗶𝗺𝗶𝗮𝗻𝗮
- - 1 whole duck (clean)
- - 2 Cups and ½ Extra Long Rice
- - 1 leek
- - 4 cloves of garlic
- - 1 Green pepper (clean from seeds)
- - 1 Red (clean from seeds)
- - 2 carrots
- - 1 onion
- - 1 glass red wine
- - 1 glass of white wine
- - 1 glass of port wine
- - 1 orange juice
- - Water q.b
- - Olive oil q.b
- - 3 bay leaves
- - 1 sprig of parsley
- - Rosemary q.b
- - Salt q.b
- - Pepper q.b
- • Start by cooking the duck in a pressure cooker for 30 minutes or for 1h30 to 2 hours in a normal pan.
- • In the pan, together with the duck, add coarse salt, bacon, parsley, the wines mentioned in the ingredients, 2 carrots, peppers, garlic, leek, the juice of an orange, 2 bay leaves and pepper.
- • Once the duck is cooked, remove all the elements into a container and let it cool. Reserve the water. Meanwhile, shred the cooled duck, the bacon, cut all the elements into small pieces and reserve.
- • In a separate pan, sauté it with plenty of oil, chopped onion and 1 bay leaf. Let the onion brown well and add a little warm water.
- • Leave the onion to almost caramelize in the stew and then add more water, interspersing with some water from the duck's cooking. (In total and to get a drier rice, we should put almost twice the cups of rice in water).
- • Add rice to water. They will be able to remove the pieces of dark onion they find. Bring the water to a boil and add the shredded duck and bacon, plus the remaining elements that we cut into pieces. Wrap in rice, cover the pan and let the rice dry.
- • In the meantime, remove the skin from the sausages, cut into thick slices and the bacon into not very fine pieces.
- • When rice is almost dry, turn off the heat and transfer the rice to one or more platters (preferably clay). Place the sausages and rosemary on top and place in the oven (pre-heated to 200º) for 15 minutes or until browned. Serve immediately.
- Enjoy your food!